Monday, May 5, 2014

Cubicle Art

I didn't actually do this today, but I did find this today, so I say it counts. At my last job, I had one of those tall cubicles, and it was awful. I couldn't see any windows and I could go whole days without anyone talking to me. Actually, since I couldn't see any windows and thus lost the concept of time I don't actually know for sure how long I went between people stopping by.

Regardless, the only way I could find to stay reasonably sane (not counting the fairly severe claustrophobia I developed at this time) was to draw stuff on sticky notes. Mostly velociraptors. Fine, all velociraptors. One raccoon. The rest were velociraptors.

So my ugly gray cubicle walls were plastered with red- and blue- and black-inked velociraptors, and it was so much better. My favorite was named Terry. I still keep Terry around.

This is not a picture of Terry. The ones I put on sticky notes were much better. But I did draw this for someone who lived far away but desperately needed a cubicle velociraptor RIGHT THIS SECOND but couldn't draw velociraptors by themselves, so I made them this:

Totally worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment